Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Greatest R&B singer ever dies

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member imported_mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2004
    Posts
    5,094
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Greatest R&B singer ever dies

    Grammy Winner Luther Vandross Dies at 54

    By Nekesa Mumbi Moody
    The Associated Press
    Friday, July 1, 2005; 6:34 PM



    NEW YORK -- Grammy winner Luther Vandross, whose deep, lush voice on such hits as "Here and Now" and "Any Love" sold more than 25 million albums while providing the romantic backdrop for millions of couples worldwide, died Friday. He was 54. Vandross died at the John F. Kennedy Medical Center in Edison, N.J., said hospital spokesman Rob Cavanaugh. He did not release the cause of death. Since suffering a stroke in his Manhattan home on April 16, 2003, the R&B crooner stopped making public appearances _ but amazingly managed to continue his recording career. In 2004, he captured four Grammys as a sentimental favorite, including best song for the bittersweet "Dance With My Father."


  2. #2
    Inactive Member Craes's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2005
    Posts
    1,212
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Greatest R&B singer ever dies

    NOOOOOO!!!

    I love to hear him sing!!!
    I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury.

  3. #3
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Greatest R&B singer ever dies

    Man really had a great voice.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member imported_MoonlightGraham's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 6th, 2004
    Posts
    2,142
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Greatest R&B singer ever dies

    I thought R kelly died when I read that post title.
    [img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i42/stinmeister/untitled-2.jpg[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •